Central Arkansas Habitat transforms neighborhoods by engaging families and community partners in creating affordable and sustainable housing.
Volunteer Sign-Up Form
*denotes required information
Release & Waiver of Liability
(This is a required document. It must be completed in order to volunteer with Habitat)
I, the Volunteer, desire to work as a volunteer for Habitat for Humanity of Central Arkansas and engage in the activities related to being a volunteer for a work project. I understand the activities may include but are not limited to: traveling to and from other cities and towns, consuming food and living in accommodations available and provided away from home, working in the Habitat offices, construction, rehabilitating residential buildings, and other construction related activities.
1. Waiver and Release. I, the Volunteer, release and forever discharge and hold harmless Habitat and its successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from my work for Habitat.
2. Insurance: I, the Volunteer, understand that, except as otherwise agreed to by Habitat in writing: Habitat does not carry or maintain health, medical, or disability insurance coverage for any volunteer.
3. Medical Treatment: Except as otherwise agreed to by Habitat in writing, I hereby release and forever discharge Habitat from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first aid treatment or other medical services rendered in connection with an emergency during my time with Habitat.
4. Assumption of Risk: I understand that my time with Habitat may include activities that may be hazardous to me, including, but not limited to, construction activities, loading and unloading of heavy equipment and materials, and local transportation to and from the work sites. So, I recognize and understand that my time with habitat may, in some situations, involve inherently dangerous activities. I hereby expressly and specifically assume the risk of injury or harm in these activities and release Habitat from all liability from injury, illness, death, or property damage resulting from the activities of my time with Habitat.
5. Photographic Release. I grant and convey unto Habitat all right, title, and interest in any and all photographic images and video or audio recordings made by Habitat during my work for Habitat, including but not limited to, any royalties, proceeds, or other benefits derived from such photographs or recordings.
Other: I expressly agree that this Release is intended to be as broad an inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Arkansas in the United States of America, and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Arkansas. I agree that, in the event that any clause or provision of this Release shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision clause shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this Release, which shall continue to be enforceable.
I accept Habitat for Humanity of Central Arkansas's volunteer terms and conditions.
An email confirmation is on it's way to your inbox!
If you have any questions, contact Cambria Bailey by phone or email.